Saturday, March 12, 2011

Prayer for Japan and those touched by the Quake/Tsunami

Dear God,
Tonight I go to sleep in a house which will keep the weather out. I have food in my refrigerator. My water is drinkable. I go to sleep not fearing the ground will move underneath me. I do not fear the water will sweep me or my loved ones away. But my brothers and sisters in Japan do not have safe structures to sleep in, food in their refrigerators, drinkable water. And their world is shaking, a lot. So I pray, Lord, have mercy. I cannot do much to ease their suffering. I cannot offer them a place to sleep in peace. So I pray, Lord, have mercy on the people of Japan. May aid get to them quickly. May peace once again come to their land. And may your people share love and grace as they bring food, clothing, and other aid.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment