Monday, February 14, 2011

Into Your Hands

So I have submitted my work for ordination. And the words of Scripture that come to my mind are the words of Christ on the Cross, "Into your hands I commend my spirit." I wonder if, in a very small way, I am understanding those words a new. As Jesus said those words, was he saying, "Father, I have been obedient. I have proclaimed your kingdom, I have healed the sick, set the captives free, and when they turned on me I remained peaceful. I trust you to do what you said you will do." In his heart, did Christ say "but if I perish, still will I praise you"?
That is at least what I feel like I am saying today. God, I have been obedient. I have followed you this far. And now, I commend my life to you. I trust you are calling me. And whatever the outcome, I will praise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment