Sunday, April 17, 2011

Holy Week Reflection---Finding ourselves in the crowd

Each year we revisit the Story of Christ's Passion. And each year, we are invited to join the Story, to find ourselves within the characters.
Today, is Palm Sunday. The crowds which have followed Christ, awaited Christ's arrival every time he came to a village, now line the streets of Jerusalem as Christ enters on a donkey. This crowd who shouts "Hosanna!" will in days cry "Crucify Him!"

I have played the part of the crowd. I have praised God on Sunday and crucified him or others on Monday as I joined in the gossip or the complaints. I have raised my voice in worship on Sunday and raised my voice in anger on Tuesday. I have been the crowd too many times.

And so I am reminded the Cross is because of me and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment